Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Hovercraft in search of info

Hello,
    I am a new member hoping to find out more about hovercraft. It seems interest has faded over the years? I am finding it difficult to find manufacturers or craft for sale. How can I find out more?

Hi Rey,

Welcome to the forum. I would agree that hovercrafts have faded, at least in the US. The biggest supplier of hovercrafts filed for bankruptcy and shut down, Universal Hovercraft.

Your best bet is to check out Facebook Forums, Craigslist, and this website. Also, networking is huge because often times people have hovercrafts for sale that don’t even post them. You have to remember the average age of a hovercraft owner is probably 60 years old.

Where are you located? You might also have luck by attending a hovercraft event.

Good luck!

Comment

I am located in Spicewood Tx just outside of Austin. I'll try some of the above

Comment

Hello I'm a new member looking for a new home for my hovercraft. I have tried Craigslist and Facebook Market Place, but no serious offers. I have also parked it with my Earth Roamer up in Tahoe to see if I could rally interest, but again need deeper pockets people! Bill Zang was the designer and yes he went bankrupt. I need to locate a boating event or show and shine, where I could meet and greet folks of like-minded toys. 2010 Universal Hovercraft Hoverwing Hoverboat XRW19

2010_Universal_Hovercraft_XRW19_Water.jpg 2010_Universal_Hovercraft_XRW19_Docking.jpg Hovercraft_XRW19.jpg 2010_Universal_Hovercraft_XRW19_Side_Flight.jpg 2010_Universal_Hovercraft_XRW19_Tilt_Flight.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X